hang kuang Co.,Ltd. /tr. by Karen Chung
1/3lb. (150g.) roast duck meat 6 or 7 stalks celery
2T chicken stock
1/2T each: vinegar, salt, sesame oil, soy sauce, pinch of MSG (optional)
1. Cut off the bottom ends and leaves of the celery stalks and wash.
2. Cut the roast duck meat into thin slices. about 4/5" ×5/4" (2 cm×3 cm).
3. Arrange the duck slices on a platter to form a rising arch.
4. Blanch the celery briefly in boiling water. Shake off the excess water. Mix the vinegar, salt, and sesame oil and marinate the celery in it about 30 minutes. Remove the celery from the marinade and cut in 3/4"(2cm) sections. Arrange on the platter beside the sliced roast duck.
5. Heat the chicken stock. Mix in a small amount of soy sauce, vinegar, MSG (optional), and sesame oil. Bring to a boil. Drizzle over the duck.
6. Wash and quarter the tomato. Carefully peel the skin with a little flesh to about halfway down, and pull back. Place one tomato quarter in each corner of the duck-celery arrangement.
7. Wash a cucumber and some lettuce. On a large lengthwise slice of cucumber, carefully make slits down the center, as in illustration, leaving the ends intact. Place on the platter along with the lettuce as a garnish.